UI Designer (Mid-level / Intermediate)
This is a fully remote opportunity with ValidMind. You will not be required to relocate.
ValidMind is seeking an intermediate UI designer to join our Product Design team and help take our product to the next level. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience designing product UI and a strong understanding of UX principles. Ideally, the candidate should also have experience with React and CSS or be willing to learn, to finesse existing code with an emphasis on look and consistency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand functional and business requirements and translate them into user-friendly designs.
- Develop and maintain a design system to evolve the overall design of the product.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure design is accurately implemented.
- Conduct user research and testing to validate design decisions.
- Continuously iterate and improve designs based on feedback from users and stakeholders.
- At least three years of experience designing product UIs with a portfolio showcasing your work and process.
- Highly skilled in Figma in both designing and prototyping.
- Familiar with Figma asset library creation and maintenance.
- Experience with creating and maintaining design systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to connect the dots between UI and business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or related field is preferred but relevant experience in the field is more important.
- Comfortable stepping outside of graphical tools to help out where needed.
- Experience designing with motion and transitions, good understanding of timing an storytelling.
- Experience designing collaborative applications.
- Familiar or interested in AI and its applications towards design.
- Familiar in other design tools such as Framer, Adobe Creative Suite or similar.
Culture and Perks
We approach work with a calm focus and a sense of humor while keeping sane working hours. At ValidMind, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up! Ownership, trust, and support will be afforded to you in a setup that will allow you to be yourself and add value like never before. You’ll receive a competitive salary package and stock, plus perks, with flexible and remote working hours. Social responsibility is something we believe in and regularly volunteer with our community partners with the full support of the company.
- Health Care Plan & Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
- Exciting career development prospects, participate in the growth of a VC-backed company from the earliest stages, grow into a leadership role
If you are a passionate and driven UI designer looking for an exciting opportunity to join a growing startup, we encourage you to apply.