Senior Software Engineer – Backend
This is a fully remote opportunity with ValidMind. You will not be required to relocate.
ValidMind is on a mission to become the world’s leading provider of trust for AI/ML and algorithmic models. Our initial focus is to modernize how Financial Institutions and Insurance companies conduct their Model Validation and Model Risk Management (MRM) activities. ValidMind’s approach reimagines model validation activities to make them more efficient, more consistent, and of higher quality. Our platform automatically generates documentation for algorithmic models, and proactively identifies potential risks for both traditional and machine-learning models, thus enabling effective model validation according to compliance and regulatory requirements.
We believe that through more effective identification and documentation of model risks, we can enable more trust in those models for our customers, their customers, and the public at large. ValidMind’s mission is backed by the AI Fund (https://aifund.ai/), and Dr. Andrew Ng.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a senior software engineer to design and implement new systems and features and modify and maintain existing systems to adapt to business and technology changes. The senior software engineer engages directly with product management, development teams, design teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.
To be successful as a senior software engineer, you should be able to drive the software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle. Ultimately, a top-notch senior software engineer will ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
- Work across the stack building highly scalable application services for the validation and documentation of statistical and ML models
- Design and implement HTTP APIs to manage storage, processing, and visualization of large datasets and models
- Build and maintain features for the ValidMind Developer Framework
- Collaborate with the frontend and design teams in implementing features for the ValidMind API and ValidMind UI clients
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable server-side applications with Python
- Experience building application services for multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Expert knowledge of building HTTP APIs
- Experience scaling SQL databases for analytics use cases
- Comfortable with a fast-moving agile development environment
Nice To Haves Include:
- Experience implementing CI/CD practices across the stack
- Previous experience or high interest in data analytics or AI/ML
- Experience building SDKs or open-source libraries with Python
- Experience using AWS for application deployments
Our Stack Includes:
- Python on the backend (SDK and API)
Culture and Perks
We approach work with a calm focus and a sense of humor while keeping sane working hours. At ValidMind, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up! Ownership, trust, and support will be afforded to you in a setup that will allow you to be yourself and add value like never before. You’ll receive a competitive salary package and stock, plus perks, with flexible and remote working hours. Social responsibility is something we believe in and regularly volunteer with our community partners with the full support of the company.
- Health Care Plan & Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
- Exciting career development prospects, participate in the growth of a VC-backed company from the earliest stages, grow into a leadership role